The Village Hall is fully open and taking bookings up to December 2023
The Booking Clerk must be notified of a cancellation at least 7 days before the Booking or the full booking charge will be payable.
HELP KEEP THIS HALL COVID-19 SECURE
1. You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
2. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 10 days of visiting these premises you must seek a COVID-19 test.
3. Maintain social distancing as far as possible from anyone you do not have regular contact with:
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided.
5. Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
6. Face coverings MUST be worn unless an exemption applies to a person (eg for health reasons, those aged under 11) or while you are engaged in an exempt activity (eg exercise, dancing, while eating or drinking).
7. “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bags provided. Then wash your hands.
8. Check the organisers of your activity have cleaned door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before you arrived. Keep them clean. We [do our best to/cannot] clean all surfaces at the hall between each hire.
9. Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors, kitchen and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
10. Keep the hall well ventilated. Close doors and windows on leaving.
The Village Hall is often seen as the heart of the community ~ and none more so than here in Staplecross. We are proud to offer an attractive venue which is both warm and welcoming upon arrival, beautifully maintained and set within a large level car park in the centre of our village.
Situated in the beautiful High Weald area of East Sussex, close to the western borders of Kent, Staplecross Village Hall is ideally situated for a wide range of purposes and is close at hand to many nearby places of interest such as Bodiam Castle and the historic towns of Battle, Hastings and Rye.
The hall itself is of a large rectangle design with a welcoming foyer and cloakroom area. It incorporates an efficient full heating system, dimmable lighting, a spacious stage setting and a choice of a further three smaller, separate and private rooms with a separate W.C. It offers modern Parent/Baby amenities as well as up-to-date disabled facilities which are light and bright with wide opening access all on a simple flat surface allowing full participation to all events held here. There are wooden floors throughout the hall being suitable for many sporting activities. There is a light, airy well furnished kitchen; sufficient comfortable seats together with a variety of various sized tables which are sure to be suitable for a number of purposes.
Our Village Hall has played host to celebrations of many kinds including Weddings, Family Parties, Business Meetings, Fitness Classes, Lunch Clubs, Social meetings, Seasonal Fayres, Stage Performances, Dances and Live Music, Charity Fund Raising as well as Hobbies and Craft Fairs.
The very competitive hiring rates have no hidden extras.