OMICRON-COVID

Please note there are special terms and conditions which are supplemental to, not a replacement for the Halls ordinary conditions of hire. These are under Post COVID19

Post COVID 19

Keys can NOT be collected from the Village shop but only from David Young at 8 Weald View. 01580 830000 or 07777655603. This again is to ensure that the keys are only given to users who have booked and left contact details in line with COVID safe practice.

Trustees would like to thank you in advance for your understanding.

Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the hall’s ordinary conditions of hire.

SC1:

You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with COVID-19 Secure advice while entering and occupying the hall, as shown on the attached posters which are also displayed at the hall entrance, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.

SC2:

You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the hall’s risk assessment, of which you will be provided with a copy.

SC3:

You will be responsible for cleaning surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive, to keep regularly used surfaces clean during your hire, and to clean them again on leaving. Please pay particular attention to wash hand basins and kitchen sinks (if used), using either the products supplied (which will be in a clearly accessible location) or your own ordinary domestic products.

Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths – do not spray!

SC4:

You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 48 hours, and that if they develop symptoms within 10 days of visiting the premises they MUST seek a COVID-19 test.

SC5:

You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors (except fire doors) open as far as convenient or opened at regular intervals to allow in fresh air. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.

[SC6:

You will ensure that no more than [50] people attend your activity/event in the Main Hall and (15) in the Small Hall, in order that social distancing can be maintained. You will encourage people to avoid close contact with those they do not regularly see as far as possible, that they observe any one-way

system within the premises, and as far as possible observe measures such as face coverings when using more confined areas e.g., moving and stowing equipment, accessing toilets. You will ask people

to make sure that no more than [one] persons use each suite of toilets at one time.]

SC7:

You will take particular care to avoid any persons likely to be clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 coming into close contact with other people they do not know, ensuring they can access the toilets or other confined areas without compromising social distancing, and that face coverings are used in their proximity.

SC8:

You are asked to arrange the room as far as possible so as to avoid close contact between people who do not regularly see each other, such as: seating side by side rather than face-to-face, an empty chair between each person or household group, requiring face coverings, good ventilation. If tables are being used for a meeting a wide U-shape is advisable.

SC9:

You are requested to keep a record of the date and time the activity started and the name and contact telephone number or email of all those who attend your event (or at least one member of any group of up to 6 people or 2 households who attend together). This can be done either by operating an advance booking system which collects these details, or by asking everyone who attends to use the NHS QR poster at the hall entrance to register their attendance and by keeping a record of any who do not register using their smartphone app and the hall’s NHS QR poster or your own NHS QR poster.

SC10:

You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, before you leave the hall, [in the bins provided] or [taken away with you when you leave the hall].

SC11:

Users are encouraged to bring their own drinks and food. If food or drink is being served or made on a DIY basis (as distinct to a water bottle used during exercise) it should if possible be consumed while seated.

SC12:

We will have the right to close the hall if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.

SC13:

In the event of someone becoming unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms while at the hall you should remove them to the designated safe area which is [Committee Room]. Provide tissues and a bin or plastic bag, and a bowl of warm soapy water for handwashing. Ask others in your group to provide contact details if you do not have them and then leave the premises, observing the usual hand sanitising precautions, and advise them to launder their clothes when they arrive home. Inform the hall cleaner on [insert contact no: ].

SC14:

All those attending your activity must wear a face covering unless an exemption or other government guidance applies to the activity (eg dancing, taking exercise). A face covering is not required when people are eating or drinking but they should be seated. All those attending your activity must wear a face covering when using confined areas such as toilets and corridors, for the safety of others.

[SC15: For events with more than [30] people you will take additional steps to ensure the safety of the public in relation to COVID-19, for example by operating a booking system or providing attendants or stewards who will ask people to seat themselves furthest from the entrance on arrival, to exit closest to the exits first and invite people to use toilets in the interval row by row.]

[SC16: In order to avoid risk of aerosol or droplet transmission please take steps to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other, e.g., refrain from playing music or broadcasts at a volume which makes normal conversation difficult.]

SC17:

Other special points as appropriate.

E.g., Where a sports, exercise or performing arts activity takes place:

[You will organise your activity in accordance with guidance issued by the relevant governing body for your sport or activity]

E.g., Where a group uses their own equipment:

[You will ask those attending to bring their own equipment and not share it with other members] or [You will avoid using equipment, which is difficult to clean, as far as possible. You will ensure that any equipment you provide is cleaned before use and before being stored in the hall].

Chairmans Report to AGM 29th June.

Chairmans Report to AGM 29th June from David Young, endorsed by new Chairman Larry Hyett.

What a year (or 2) to report on. Covid has taken its toll on the Village Hall, it has remained closed in compliance with Government instructions. That is apart from weekly use this year by the Primary School and the Local Elections.

In that time we have had Larry & Jacqui Hyett resign their respective officer posts to be filled by Paul Redstone who is currently Treasurer and Secretary, and myself self stepping up from Vice-Chairman to Chairman. We have a new caretaker/Cleaner in Kirsty Doorey who has taken to this role with great enthusiasm. Ensuring the hall remains Covid secure.

I would like to thank all the Trustees for their continued support in attending the monthly meetings via the Parish Council’s Zoom account. In particular, thanks are due to both Larry & Jacqui who have held the reigns for a couple of years. Paul Redstone has also been a great help in moving the booking system to a fully automated process, a new website for the Village Hall all at the same time as managing our Accounts and applying for numerous grants. Despite having a very reduced number of bookings our Income line has never looked better. I will leave Paul to update on the figures which were reviewed by Richard Farhall.

Rother District Council have also been very supportive in awarding the Hall a grant to purchase some new Go-Pak tables, the Hall now has good Chairs and Tables to allow hirers to be at comfortable ease. The District Council has made a good number of awards to the Hall which has enabled us to remain afloat despite not being open to the General Public. Trustees are thankful for this support.

Of course, the really big news is that Trustees are now looking into the future of the Village Hall. We would be negligent if we chose to ignore the fact that the Hall is getting run down with ongoing remedial work costing at least £1,000 per occasion. The heating broke down last year and we had to close the hall while second-hand parts were sourced and fitted. Not really up to modern Gas safety standards. The roof, with asbestos and concrete continuing to leak in several places, again costing yet more money in undertaking patching work. The Foyer has suffered due to the ingress of rainwater and has had a full redecoration, again costing more money. Locks have had to be fitted to doors to make the rooms Covid secure. A challenge with doors that are not fire safe. Trustees have established a working group to seek ballpark figures and options to take our well used Hall into the next few decades. Trustees will be presenting its finding to the Parish along with indications as to how we can fund the much needed next steps. The Parish Council, via Anne Alecock, has been very supportive in the supply of grants to the hall along with establishing a war chest for the future. We are eternally grateful for this support and it is comforting to trustees to know the Parish Council continues to regard the Hall as a central part of our Parish life.

Looking forward we have seen, Zumba, Pilates and the Art Club return along with an early expression of interest about the use of the rear committee rooms. Yes, they need a new door and some new locks! Hopefully, the Lunch Club will return to the monthly feast.  Anybody body fancy cooking for 30 people once a month? A few Jumble Sales are also looking into their welcome return.

We are desperatly in need of some new trustees and members of the management committee. You do not have to be a Trustee to lend a hand or be part of the committee. The current Trustees are all getting on in life, while all are happy to continue we do have to think about the future. With exciting times ahead your Village Hall needs your support more than ever.

Paul Redstone I know will be standing down as Treasurer and Secretary due to his ESCC councillor role but will, I am sure, remain as a Trustee. David Bowles, from the Parochial Parish Council, is currently co-opted as a Trustee will become a representative Trustee if the constitution is changed as recommended to you. Welcome aboard David.  As major users of the hall, we would love to see the school play a more active role in what is their PE and Play Hall.